Frequently Asked Questions
Which payment methods can I use?
- Credit cards through Paypal. The cards supplied by Skrill, Neteller, EcoPayz and other web wallets can also be used.
- Crypto currencies
If you can’t use PayPal, or crypto currencies, email me at pokertablethemes (at) gmail.com, or use the Contact page and let me know (1) which theme/cards do you want and (2) what payment methods you can use.
How do I buy the theme I want? (full step by step instructions)
- Click “Buy Now” to add the items you like to your cart.
- Go to checkout page when you got everything.
- Choose the payment method you would like to use.
- To pay with your PayPal account, choose PayPal.
- To pay with a credit card, also choose PayPal.
- To pay with BTC, or few other cryptos, choose Crypto.
- Now enter your email and name, if you have a discount code, then enter that too.
- Click on “Purchase“.
- If you chose PayPal as a payment method, you will be taken to PayPal, where you can make the payment.
- To pay with a credit card, click on the “Create An Account” button on Paypal page, then fill in your card details and click “Agree & Pay”.
- If you chose Crypto, then you will be taken to Coinbase Commerce, where you can make the payment.
- After the payment is done you will be redirected to a download page, where you can download your file(s) and you will also receive a purchase receipt on your email with the download link(s).
How do I install the theme?
- First, read the included “README” or “Instructions” file, which includes installation instructions and other useful information.
- Run the theme installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you need any help, just let me know what problem you have (always helpful if you send screenshots if possible) and I will help you get the theme working.
Here are also videos that show, how to install the themes for different sites.
Can I use the themes/cards on my PC and my laptop?
- Yes, but you can only use them on computers that YOU own.
- You are not allowed to sell or otherwise distribute the themes/cards to anyone else.
- If you distribute the themes/cards in any way to anyone else, you risk losing access to the themes/cards you bought.
What if the poker site made an update and the theme doesn't work anymore?
- First try reinstalling the theme. In most cases this fixes it.
- If the theme still doesn’t work, then log-in to your account and see, if I’ve already made an update, which you can download and install
- If I haven’t yet made an update, then let me know, that there was an update on “poker site x” and “the theme y” doesn’t work anymore. I will then update the theme and will also notify you, when you can download the new version.
Although this hasn’t happened yet on any poker site, but it is possible, that at some point some poker site makes such changes, that it is not possible to use custom themes anymore. If this does happen, then you just have to use the theme this poker site provides – there aren’t any other options.
How can I download updates for the themes?
- When you make a purchase, you will automatically get an account, and you will also be logged in.
- Then you can change the randomly generated password from “Edit Profile“, but you don’t have to do it right away.
- If you don’t change your password right after making a purchase and you want to log in later, then just use the “Forgot Password” form, which you can access from the “Log-in” page.
- After logging in, you will be automatically redirected to a page, which contains all the download links for the themes you have bought in the past year.
* If you made your purchase before June 2018 and haven’t bought anything after that, then you don’t have an account, because this system was put in place in June 2018.
How long can I use the themes?
How long can I get updates for the themes?
This ensures, that the themes that need more frequent updates will be updated and will be working with the latest versions of the poker client software. And the themes that don’t need frequent updates, you can keep using without re-purchasing.
Do the themes work on a Mac?
But if I ever buy a Mac, I will definitely look into creating them for Mac’s as well.
Does this PokerStars theme work on my regional PokerStars client (.FR, .ES, .IT. PT etc.)?
How to turn off the new PokerStars Aurora graphics?
There are two ways to turn it off.
From the Settings
- In PokerStars lobby, click Settings > Table Appearance > Table Graphics.
- Uncheck the “Enable the new PokerStars Graphics Engine“.
- Click “Restart Client“.
But if you don’t have that option in the Settings, do this:
- Close PokerStars.
- Go to this folder (this is the .com client location, if you play on regional client, add your country code, ex: .it, .fr, .pt, .es etc.):
- Copy the “user.ini” file from there to your PokerStars installation directory (add your country code for regional clients):
C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars
- Right click on “PokerStars.exe“.
(to update PokerStars client, do the same for “PokerStarsUpdate.exe”)*
- Click on Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Choose “Windows XP” from the compatibility drop-down menu:
[x] Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Click OK.
- Run PokerStars from “PokerStars.exe”.
*Don’t update PokerStars unless you really have to.
Does this PartyPoker theme work on my regional PartyPoker/Bwin client?
There is one thing though – PartyPoker uses older software for its regional clients, so you have to use an older theme installer as well, for the theme to work. The version to use, is written on the download page.
This is at least the case right now, when they are making a lot of changes to their poker client. Hopefully soon they have made all the changes they have planned, and then they will update all the clients to the same version.
Does this 888 theme work on my regional 888 client?
But sometimes, like on PartyPoker, you also have to use an older installer to get it to work. 888 also updates their .COM client first and then rolls the update out to their regional clients.
If you are playing on some US site, then no, it won’t work, because the software they use there is years older than the one on the global pool.
Can I get a refund?
- If you have already downloaded the theme or deck, then because it is a digital product, and it is not possible to return it – it will not be refunded.*
- If you have not yet downloaded any files, and you discover you accidentally bought the wrong product, then it can be either refunded or exchanged with another product.
*As with all the rules, exceptions can be made for special cases. I will do my best to help you find the best solution for your particular case.